Sunday, January 20, 2019

Mac OS Compress PDF with adjustable ratio & Size

ColorSync Utility is what your looking for. For me the standard compression was also too little resolution & too lossy compression. So I created a new filter in ColorSync - which then becomes available in e.g. Preview: Resolution 200 dpi, jpeg quality ~75%
Step 1: Open ColorSync Utility & create the new filter such as below
Screenshot: New ColorSync filter

The above settings give me files with acceptable size and decent quality (e.g. for sending by e-mail)
Step 2: Open the PDF in Preview, then choose File > Export, Click the Quartz Filter pop-up menu, then choose the relevant filter ("Reduce File Size 200dpi" in this case)
Apple Preview, export PDF

3 comments:

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  Rapid Covid Test

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such useful information. I really enjoyed while reading your article and it is good to know the latest updates. Do post more. And also read about gbwhastapp


    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts hosted call center solutions

    ReplyDelete